Home :: Molindone :: Adverse Effects
Molindone Antidepressant : Moban
Brand Name : Moban
Molindone is an antipsychotic medication. It works by changing the actions of chemicals in the brain.
Uses of Molindone
- Molindone is used to treat the symptoms of psychotic conditions, including hallucinations, delusions, and confusion.
- Molindone may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
How to Take Molindone
- Take each dose with a full glass of water.
- Molindone can be taken with or without food.
- Molindone is usually taken several times a day. Follow your doctor's instructions.
What are the Side Effects of Molindone Medication
Side effects may include:
- Blurred vision
- drowsiness (especially at the start of therapy)
- dry mouth
- Parkinson's--like movements
Warnings and precautions before taking Molindone Medication
- Dizziness or lightheadedness may occur, especially when you get up from a lying or sitting position. Getting up slowly may help. If the problem continues or gets worse, check with your doctor.
- Moban should be used with caution if you have ever had breast cancer. The drug stimulates production of a hormone that promotes the growth of certain types of tumors.
- Because Moban may cause drowsiness, do not participate in activities that require full alertness, such as driving or operating machinery, until you are sure how this medicine affects you.
What drugs may interact with Molindone Tablet
Remember that Moban must never be combined with alcohol, barbiturates, or narcotics. In addition, Moban tablets contain calcium, which may interfere with the absorption of tetracycline antibiotics (Achromycin V, Sumycin) and phenytoin (Dilantin).
What to do if you take Overdose of Molindone ?
Symptoms of a molindone overdose include:
- slurred speech
- irregular heartbeat
How to Store Molindone ?
- Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 to 30 degrees C) away from heat and light. Do not store in the bathroom.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store away from heat and direct light.
- Do not store the tablets in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink, or in other damp places. Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down.
Disclaimer: thedepressiontreatment.com is designed to help and support for people who have depression or are depressed. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any psychiatric, psychological or mental diseases. Always take the advice of professional health care for specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this web site.